Lance is sooo good to me! He told me that I just ran my longest run yet tonight. 9.5 miles! Whoo-hoo!
This morning I was going to run at lunchtime. But then it was way windy and I just didn't feel up for it at noon. So I didn't. Decided that I can run at the Y after work and before the basketball game tonight. I looked at my schedule and I was supposed to run 5 at an easy pace so I got to 5 miles and then I decided that since I didn't do my long run on Saturday and haven't in a while, I went ahead and decided to do it tonight. I'll bypass the basketball game.
The longest run I've had was 8 something. I did a cumulative run of 9.16 one day so I decided to do 9 and then push it over 9 maybe running to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Once I hit 8, I moved my Nano up and then once I hit 9, I kept my iPod in my hand so I could watch it and decided to stop at 9.5 miles. I could have kept on going but I didn't want to push myself to injury and I didn't want to set the bar so high that I couldn't get over it.
I did get hungry during my run. But I kept on going. I also didn't have any water so maybe that's why it worked for me. I didn't have to stop and take a drink or hold my breath to swallow the water. I also wore a short-sleeved shirt instead of tank and tucked the front of it up and under the bottom of my bra. It was nice, showing off my abs and all that! :-)
Apparently it's like running over 140 football fields!! That's quite a thing to think about!
This morning I was going to run at lunchtime. But then it was way windy and I just didn't feel up for it at noon. So I didn't. Decided that I can run at the Y after work and before the basketball game tonight. I looked at my schedule and I was supposed to run 5 at an easy pace so I got to 5 miles and then I decided that since I didn't do my long run on Saturday and haven't in a while, I went ahead and decided to do it tonight. I'll bypass the basketball game.
The longest run I've had was 8 something. I did a cumulative run of 9.16 one day so I decided to do 9 and then push it over 9 maybe running to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Once I hit 8, I moved my Nano up and then once I hit 9, I kept my iPod in my hand so I could watch it and decided to stop at 9.5 miles. I could have kept on going but I didn't want to push myself to injury and I didn't want to set the bar so high that I couldn't get over it.
I did get hungry during my run. But I kept on going. I also didn't have any water so maybe that's why it worked for me. I didn't have to stop and take a drink or hold my breath to swallow the water. I also wore a short-sleeved shirt instead of tank and tucked the front of it up and under the bottom of my bra. It was nice, showing off my abs and all that! :-)
Apparently it's like running over 140 football fields!! That's quite a thing to think about!
0 comments:
Post a Comment