Saturday, November 17, 2007

11 miles baby!

So I thought I was impressive with my 10 mile run last week. But today I did 11 miles! Boo-ya! Again it was hurtful though afterwards. Like even just walking home I was already feeling the effects. I could hardly cross Bethany Road before a car almost hit me and then honked at me.

I did stop at the music building to go to the bathroom. Bad idea. One, it was really hot inside since it was cold outside. Two, I was sweating buckets by this time so my clothes were sticking to me like crazy. Three, when I got outside, I could see the steam rising off my arms because of my heat and then the heat of the building. I started running again and things just didn't feel right from that point on. But it was just about halfway point so I knew I had to keep on pushing. And I managed to another 5.5 miles!

I also went a different way. I went back through Hopkins Park and then up through the subdivision near Joanne Rd that leads to 1st Street. I knew I was going to encounter a hill but I was going to encounter a hill on the bike path anyway. I nearly died going up that hill though. Blah.

And I still have my cough too. It wasn't bothering me while I was running but after I did a lot. So it's not that it's bothering me while I'm running which is good just afterwards. I hope it goes away!

0 comments: