Saturday, November 10, 2007

10 miles baby!

I ran 10 miles this afternoon. I started late but that was fine since it was freezing out! I dressed warm for the run but I was doubting my coverage when I was walking to my starting place.

I knew I had to run and I was a little worried about where I was going to run at. I knew that I could make it down to northend of campus taking my normal route but that would only get me just over 3 miles one way. So I continued on through campus and down to the lagoon. There's construction on the main highway through town so I couldn't cross it so I just ran back up through the campus area. I kinda felt like Forrest again with the whole running as I ran thing.

I did do a bad thing though. Kinda embarrassing to mention this but I didn't go to the bathroom beforehand and I paid the price. Things hurt towards the end of my run.

But other than that, I felt fine with this run. I hurt at the end but I did 10 miles. Only 3 more miles, a 5k, and I got my race! Very exciting times!

0 comments: