I stayed late at work on Tuesday night for an extra hour. So I decided that I might try to run in the morning before work and go in late to make up for that hour. Believe it or not, I did it!
My alarm went off at 6:00am.
I finally got out of bed around 6:40am. (I was seriously tempted to just skip it)
I got to the YMCA at 7:05am. (barely anyone there! Awesome!)
Did a 4 mile tempo, with a half mile warm up and half mile cool down in 46 minutes! 10:00 min/mi warm up/cool down and 8:57 min/mi tempo speed. (Schedule says 5miles but eh, 4 was good enough for me, I don't have any down weeks in my training)
Done running at 7:50am.
Got home around 8:05am.
Showered at 8:10am.
Left for work around 8:35am.
I don't think I'll be doing that again on a normal workday, unless I go in late. I am just not an early morning person. I did notice that today, my legs felt really heavy all day. On top of all that, I didn't eat breakfast before hand (no time since I got out of bed 40 minutes after my alarm went off) and by the time I got home, my stomach was growling and making noises. I also didn't have any Gatorade on hand to drink immediately afterwards. Another not so smart move. But I must admit that it feels good & different to be done with my run early and not have to worry about it when I came home from work. :-)
Tonight was a NITRO meeting & seminar. Our first seminar of the new year. It was on weight training and core workout. *sigh* I know that as a runner I _need_ to do that but I just don't have the discipline to keep it up all the time. I remember to do it once or twice and then I get lazy. My core especially will help me be a better runner but do I really need to be a "better" runner? I'm pretty happy at where I'm at speed wise and distance wise. My core is not really gonna help my toe tendon problem.
The NITRO shirts came in as well. I saw 2 prototypes. The squirrel logo printed out well with what I did to it. Unfortunately, it was not the logo that I created. My squirrel had running shoes, a water bottle and was running on a trail. I also had it coloured brown instead of the red and the 5 o'clock shadow that it had. On one version I had (that no one saw) I also gave it a visor & earbuds for it's ears. It really looked like a runner then! Very cute. But only a few liked the brown version. And apparently, no one really cared for the shoes or the water bottle. One person actually said they looked creepy. Oh well. This is why I'm not an illustrator for a living.

I went to Wal-Mart before the meeting and bought a big bag of chocolate; Whoppers, Kit-Kat, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups & Hersey's Milk Chocolate bars. I walked into the new FitWorkz gym with one of each in my hands. I felt bad but hey, it's not like I run to lose weight. When I wasn't running, I was pretty much this weight --OK, maybe like 5-10 lbs heavier but I could have lost that with not drinking as much beer & Taco Bell after the bar!-- so I'm not really doing it for the health benefits. I still watch what I eat just cause I'm a vegetarian but my candy I will still have and overindulge in, if I want to. :-)
My alarm went off at 6:00am.
I finally got out of bed around 6:40am. (I was seriously tempted to just skip it)
I got to the YMCA at 7:05am. (barely anyone there! Awesome!)
Did a 4 mile tempo, with a half mile warm up and half mile cool down in 46 minutes! 10:00 min/mi warm up/cool down and 8:57 min/mi tempo speed. (Schedule says 5miles but eh, 4 was good enough for me, I don't have any down weeks in my training)
Done running at 7:50am.
Got home around 8:05am.
Showered at 8:10am.
Left for work around 8:35am.
I don't think I'll be doing that again on a normal workday, unless I go in late. I am just not an early morning person. I did notice that today, my legs felt really heavy all day. On top of all that, I didn't eat breakfast before hand (no time since I got out of bed 40 minutes after my alarm went off) and by the time I got home, my stomach was growling and making noises. I also didn't have any Gatorade on hand to drink immediately afterwards. Another not so smart move. But I must admit that it feels good & different to be done with my run early and not have to worry about it when I came home from work. :-)
Tonight was a NITRO meeting & seminar. Our first seminar of the new year. It was on weight training and core workout. *sigh* I know that as a runner I _need_ to do that but I just don't have the discipline to keep it up all the time. I remember to do it once or twice and then I get lazy. My core especially will help me be a better runner but do I really need to be a "better" runner? I'm pretty happy at where I'm at speed wise and distance wise. My core is not really gonna help my toe tendon problem.
The NITRO shirts came in as well. I saw 2 prototypes. The squirrel logo printed out well with what I did to it. Unfortunately, it was not the logo that I created. My squirrel had running shoes, a water bottle and was running on a trail. I also had it coloured brown instead of the red and the 5 o'clock shadow that it had. On one version I had (that no one saw) I also gave it a visor & earbuds for it's ears. It really looked like a runner then! Very cute. But only a few liked the brown version. And apparently, no one really cared for the shoes or the water bottle. One person actually said they looked creepy. Oh well. This is why I'm not an illustrator for a living.

I went to Wal-Mart before the meeting and bought a big bag of chocolate; Whoppers, Kit-Kat, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups & Hersey's Milk Chocolate bars. I walked into the new FitWorkz gym with one of each in my hands. I felt bad but hey, it's not like I run to lose weight. When I wasn't running, I was pretty much this weight --OK, maybe like 5-10 lbs heavier but I could have lost that with not drinking as much beer & Taco Bell after the bar!-- so I'm not really doing it for the health benefits. I still watch what I eat just cause I'm a vegetarian but my candy I will still have and overindulge in, if I want to. :-)
3 comments:
At least a dozen times I have promised myself to wake early to run. I have yet to make it. Maybe your post is the inspiration I need.
Thanks! I can get up early on the weekend. but it's the during the week and before work that I can't do! Unless I go in later. I saw someone I knew at the Y and he said that he arrives at the Y at 6:30am. WOW! Who knows what time he gets up then! :-)
The t-shirt is so cute :)
A few times I have gotten up early to exercise before work and I LOVE having my evening free to do as I please! But it just doesn't work that well for me either. Along with weight training... why'd you have to bring THAT up? ;) Hee hee.
Post a Comment