Or how I frightened myself.
Or how I learned my lesson and to check when the official sunset is before I leave for a run.
So I ran tonight. I was uber cleaning my place for my father's visit this weekend and an inspection I have on my apartment Friday morning. And getting ready for Corn Fest still as well. Doing laundry. All sorts of random misc stuff. But in the middle of it, I decided I needed to go for a run. It was raining again so I couldn't go this morning. But I laced up my shoes and away I left at 7:45pm. Not the brightest idea. I see now that the sun officially sets at 7:48pm. *headdesk* Whoops.
Off I ran, with the idea of running 6 miles. No worries, I did get all 6 miles in but happily. I was fighting off gnats at the beginning. Then I saw my friend Mr. Bat again earlier in the run around 1.11 miles. He has to realise that I'm he's my friend cause he's eating all the gnats that are trying to commit suicide in my eyes and mouth.
I also didn't take my iPod so once it started getting darker, I started to scare myself with every little noise I heard or every dark item in the path I saw. I run in a fairly wooded path that is not lighted at all. I was nervous. I almost pulled out when I reached my road but I would only have 4.9 miles or so and I really wanted 6. So I plowed ahead on the second part of my normal path.
Finally on the return route home, another runner passed me. I stayed on his coat tails for as long as I could. For safety and to push me. I finally had to let him go but I got a few tenths of a mile out of it and knocked down my average pace once again.
Then I got on my road the cars headlights started to cast shadows on the sidewalks, making me again nervous. I had to keep telling myself that I was safe and in a neighbourhood, no one was behind me. However, when a car would be coming toward me, it made the sidewalk hard to see and I couldn't tell where the next bump or crack would be at.
I finally made it home with a few tenths of a mile left and I cannot stop at an uneven number so I kept going till I had 6 miles even. Pretty good decent run. Again I was sweating so bad. I don't even know how I got that bad. Maybe cause the humidity is at 92% but the temperature is at 65 so it's not too bad out there.
Odd thing is that when I just started running, I don't remember sweating this bad. I was in worse shape but only running 1 or 2 miles. Now I'm in great cardiovascular shape and running 6 miles or 3.5 the other day and I'm dripping sweat.
I came home, checked the mirror to see if I got all the gnats who killed themselves out of my eyes and I noticed that they were in my hair and on my forehead.
I'm going to eat one of my many Klondike's. I'll be on my feet all weekend long working Corn Fest, so running this weekend. I think I'll save my 18 mile run for Monday morning before my father leaves. And then I'll schedule a massage for later that afternoon too. Doesn't that just sound GLORIOUS! :-)
My computer ate my Garmin information. Luckily it's still on my Garmin just never transferred over to my computer. May just need to restart my computer. And if that doesn't work then I need to email Garmin Support. They're pretty good at helping out the few times I emailed them for help already.
Activity
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Posted from bimactive.com | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
0 comments:
Post a Comment