I miss PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
I miss Phil mainly because I have to run by minutes now. My Nike+ is horrible uncalibrated and I even calibrated it via my Garmin with 1.25 miles and it's STILL off!! So I give up. Tuesday I ran for 40 minutes with 1 walk break up a slight hill near the end. Today's run was 50 minutes with 0 walks breaks.
Today was 2 degrees cooler than Tuesday when I ran but I still wore the same type of outfit. Sleeveless shirt and shorts. Walking to the start, I was cool but by the middle of the run today, I wanted to strip off my shirt!
My first race of the season (marathon doesn't count) is coming up this Saturday. It's an 8k (4.97 miles). We'll see how I do considering that I have only been running the last 2 weeks and only twice this week! At least I ran for 50 minutes today which I'm guessing is a little over 5 miles. Last year I ran this race waaaay undertrained and got 47 minutes out of it (with a horrible wind howling at us!). Year before I got 45 minutes. I'm still just hoping for under 50 minutes. :-)
Lately I have been running past the (former??) DeKalb County Sheriff, Ron Klein. At least I Think it's him. I've seen pictures, seen him in person before, so I'm pretty sure it is.
During the neighbourhood part of my run today, I came up behind a guy on the sidewalk. I saw that he had an iPod in his hand. I yelled at him "Behind you" no response. Then I saw that he was floating tot he middle left of the sidewalk, so I yelled it louder this time, still no movement or glance behind him. So I yelled at him "On Your Left" as I passed him and then he finally heard me. He said "Whoa..." has I went by. I said outloud "Don't have your iPod up so loud!"
A biker went by me without saying a damn thing. I yelled to them "On Your Left would have been nice!" I got a glance over the shoulder. Grrr... Made me jump out of my skin!
I ran past a wooded area and suddenly smelled pot. I was like nah, that couldn't be right maybe it's just the wet woods from last night's storm. Then as I ran back past the same place, I see kids sitting on a log in the woods and I smelled it again. I laughed! No wonder why I smelled pot! If I had seen Ron Klein again, I would have made mention of that to him and made him go scare the kids! :-)
An update (with video) of my vacation running and getting back into running after my marathon is coming up this weekend. Preview: I RAN ON THE BEACH!!!!!!
I miss Phil mainly because I have to run by minutes now. My Nike+ is horrible uncalibrated and I even calibrated it via my Garmin with 1.25 miles and it's STILL off!! So I give up. Tuesday I ran for 40 minutes with 1 walk break up a slight hill near the end. Today's run was 50 minutes with 0 walks breaks.
Today was 2 degrees cooler than Tuesday when I ran but I still wore the same type of outfit. Sleeveless shirt and shorts. Walking to the start, I was cool but by the middle of the run today, I wanted to strip off my shirt!
My first race of the season (marathon doesn't count) is coming up this Saturday. It's an 8k (4.97 miles). We'll see how I do considering that I have only been running the last 2 weeks and only twice this week! At least I ran for 50 minutes today which I'm guessing is a little over 5 miles. Last year I ran this race waaaay undertrained and got 47 minutes out of it (with a horrible wind howling at us!). Year before I got 45 minutes. I'm still just hoping for under 50 minutes. :-)
Lately I have been running past the (former??) DeKalb County Sheriff, Ron Klein. At least I Think it's him. I've seen pictures, seen him in person before, so I'm pretty sure it is.
During the neighbourhood part of my run today, I came up behind a guy on the sidewalk. I saw that he had an iPod in his hand. I yelled at him "Behind you" no response. Then I saw that he was floating tot he middle left of the sidewalk, so I yelled it louder this time, still no movement or glance behind him. So I yelled at him "On Your Left" as I passed him and then he finally heard me. He said "Whoa..." has I went by. I said outloud "Don't have your iPod up so loud!"
A biker went by me without saying a damn thing. I yelled to them "On Your Left would have been nice!" I got a glance over the shoulder. Grrr... Made me jump out of my skin!
I ran past a wooded area and suddenly smelled pot. I was like nah, that couldn't be right maybe it's just the wet woods from last night's storm. Then as I ran back past the same place, I see kids sitting on a log in the woods and I smelled it again. I laughed! No wonder why I smelled pot! If I had seen Ron Klein again, I would have made mention of that to him and made him go scare the kids! :-)
An update (with video) of my vacation running and getting back into running after my marathon is coming up this weekend. Preview: I RAN ON THE BEACH!!!!!!
1 comments:
That is so funny you busted those kids smoking pot.
I don't know why people aren't more respectful on the sidewalks, but like you said, most people have their music up so loudly that it doesn't even matter.
Post a Comment