Friday, October 17, 2008

More running

On a side note of running:
Yesterday, I signed up for the St. Louis Half Marathon on Sunday, November 2.

I have 18 miles scheduled for that weekend. I'm going to postpone my run on Saturday and run the race and then finish up with 5 more (easy?) miles once I get my medal! I know I can't stop because I will NEED my 18 miles in for the week after is 20!!

Another side note:
Apparently, I love doing positive splits.

In running, the goal is to have negative splits, in that the mile after the previous one is supposed to be faster. Well, I have yet to have that constantly happen to me. Yesterday's run was another clear indication of that by looking at the Splits box. HOWEVER, that was when I turned around and started heading back north and that's the way the wind was heading so I'm going to use that as an excuse for the +30 second pace difference.

One of these days, I'll be a good runner.

0 comments: