I haven't run that far since my half marathon in December last year! I can't believe how fast I'm gaining mileage in this training.
I put a message on my Twitter this morning that I thought my run was not going to go well. I went to bed at 2am. My alarm went off at 6:45a. I didn't eat breakfast. I didn't have my visor. It was like 68 degrees. I started running at 10am (I slept in).
I went to Rend Lake where they have a path that goes around the lake. It was pretty nice. I went biking on it last year. I figured 2 hours of running. The path went up and down some small hills. It was really good for training for my St. Jude Marathon where they'll be some hills like those. Nothing like the ones I encountered in St. Louis, that's for sure.
I finished my run in 1:59:24. Luckily, the path had mile markers on the way starting at 0. So I knew where I was at which came in handy since by the time I was finished my Nike+ had me a whole .5 miles off! Not cool by me. I finished my HM in 2:03:01. So I was about 4 minutes shy of doing 12 miles in a 13.1 time. So I figured that if I continued on for another mile, I would only have been behind by 4 minutes. Not bad considering that I had 16 weeks of training for my HM while I've only had 7 weeks of training now.
After my run, I came back to my brothers house for an cold water bath and ate a rice and beans Lean Cuisine. It was soo good. Then a shower. Then I laid in bed reading my marathon training book and my eyes started to close. So I closed the book, laid down and closed my eyes. I was sooo tired. I laid there for a while, getting a couple text messages bothering me. Then a phone call from Brent and then I decided to get up.
My calves are a little tight. My ankles are stiff. I noticed that I have some chaffing. I wore my water belt, with two 10oz bottles one with water, one with Gatorade. I kept pulling down my tank top below the bottle but I guess I didn't do it often enough as I see that my left hip is a little rubbed raw. It hurts. Even touching it is sore.
Tonight I'm going to stand on my feet at a concert tonight in Carbondale. Lets hope that my feet and ankles will hold up! I need a rub down bad! I can't believe that I'm going to run 3 miles on Monday!
I put a message on my Twitter this morning that I thought my run was not going to go well. I went to bed at 2am. My alarm went off at 6:45a. I didn't eat breakfast. I didn't have my visor. It was like 68 degrees. I started running at 10am (I slept in).
I went to Rend Lake where they have a path that goes around the lake. It was pretty nice. I went biking on it last year. I figured 2 hours of running. The path went up and down some small hills. It was really good for training for my St. Jude Marathon where they'll be some hills like those. Nothing like the ones I encountered in St. Louis, that's for sure.
I finished my run in 1:59:24. Luckily, the path had mile markers on the way starting at 0. So I knew where I was at which came in handy since by the time I was finished my Nike+ had me a whole .5 miles off! Not cool by me. I finished my HM in 2:03:01. So I was about 4 minutes shy of doing 12 miles in a 13.1 time. So I figured that if I continued on for another mile, I would only have been behind by 4 minutes. Not bad considering that I had 16 weeks of training for my HM while I've only had 7 weeks of training now.
After my run, I came back to my brothers house for an cold water bath and ate a rice and beans Lean Cuisine. It was soo good. Then a shower. Then I laid in bed reading my marathon training book and my eyes started to close. So I closed the book, laid down and closed my eyes. I was sooo tired. I laid there for a while, getting a couple text messages bothering me. Then a phone call from Brent and then I decided to get up.
My calves are a little tight. My ankles are stiff. I noticed that I have some chaffing. I wore my water belt, with two 10oz bottles one with water, one with Gatorade. I kept pulling down my tank top below the bottle but I guess I didn't do it often enough as I see that my left hip is a little rubbed raw. It hurts. Even touching it is sore.
Tonight I'm going to stand on my feet at a concert tonight in Carbondale. Lets hope that my feet and ankles will hold up! I need a rub down bad! I can't believe that I'm going to run 3 miles on Monday!
1 comments:
Sounds like you had a great run! You're doing awesome! Left you a comment on my blog about running in Chicago.
Post a Comment