Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day of firsts

I ran 6 miles today. Wanted to wake up at 6a and on the limestone path at 7a. Weeeeel, that didn't happen. Slept in until after 7a and at 7:40a it started raining so I decided to wait until 8a and if it was still raining I'll go to the Y. Luckily, it stopped so off I went to the path in Sycamore.

Ran the 6 miles. It was tough. I did manage to do it in an average of 9:47 min/mi. which is just under 59 minutes for 6 miles. Not too shabby. Considering that I haven't ran 6 miles since the springtime! I take that back, not since Feb 16!! WOW.

Also, I had several firsts today. I had to poop about 2 miles into it. I thought I could hold it but it started to get uncomfortable so I found a corn field and off I went! HA! I peed and pooped in a corn field. Lots of mosquitoes but I did it. The thighs were sore after getting up from my squatting position. But I felt a whole heck of a lot better after that!! I guess running loosens my bowels which I have read can happen.

Another first was taking a cold bath. You're supposed to take an ice bath. I have yet have the courage to do that. So I put in cold water in the bath, stood and complained as my feet got used to the cold water and then sat down. I was naked except for a sweatshirt to keep me warm. I had enough water in the tub to cover my thighs. I stayed in there for about 8 minutes. To get the best out of an ice bath, it's supposed to be 10-20 minutes. Oh well. It's my first time. But I did get used to the cold water after a while and it did feel good. After driving back after my run, I got out of the car and my thighs hurt. They don't hurt now as I sit here and get up every once in a while.

Now I'm off to eat something. I should note that I didn't eat anything this morning. After the delay, I should have. Oh well.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny! I haven't had a pooping incident on any of my runs yet. Doesn't sound like a pleasant experience!