So my cross-training day was today. Late in the afternoon, I asked Bob what I should do. He said bike today and the swim on Friday. Eh. I don't want to do swim and then do my long run the next day. I don't know why but that feels just wrong to me. So I emailed Hank about it. He suggested:
Sun: Rest
Mon: Run
Tue: Swim
Wed: Run
Thu: Rest
Fri: Variable
Sat: Long Run
Mon: Run
Tue: Swim
Wed: Run
Thu: Rest
Fri: Variable
Sat: Long Run
I emailed him back asking him about the 2 day rest and what he meant about variable and what about weight training (cause I wanna do calves lifts and hamstrings presses). He thinks that doing the bike once a week won't do anything for me. But I was on the bike tonight, man did I feel it in my thighs when I was done. Parts that my running doesn't get. But while on the bike I was reading my Running Journal and they say that I gotta put in some speed work as well. MAN. There's a lot that goes into this!!! And all I'm doing is just 5k's and 10k's! Imagine if I was running for a marathon or something! Eep! :-/ but I should make a list of the things that I read that are going to help me and post them for your benefit as well. :-)
I'm so glad that I'm getting fitter and thinking healthier this past year. My friend Jack is right. I would seem better suited for someone more into the athletic activities than anything else. I enjoy that a lot more right now than say the geeky things like computers and video games (not that there's anything wrong with that!!). So I think that's gonna help me in quest as well... Too bad Kroning is still not in the picture. Also, too bad that Y Guy won't give me the time of day... stupid Stupid STUPID boy!!!
And so on that note, I'm off for shower and bed.
I'm so glad that I'm getting fitter and thinking healthier this past year. My friend Jack is right. I would seem better suited for someone more into the athletic activities than anything else. I enjoy that a lot more right now than say the geeky things like computers and video games (not that there's anything wrong with that!!). So I think that's gonna help me in quest as well... Too bad Kroning is still not in the picture. Also, too bad that Y Guy won't give me the time of day... stupid Stupid STUPID boy!!!
And so on that note, I'm off for shower and bed.
0 comments:
Post a Comment