Monday, September 25, 2006

nano speak

Days back from vacation are my favourite. everyone asks you how your week was. but they don't really expect you to go into details about it. they just want to hear that it's fine and then move on. so all day today that's what i've been saying.

I took my bike down to North Central Cyclery. best. Bike Shop. EVER! Wow. I'm impressed. I took it down there at 1pm. They called me at 3pm saying that it's ready. Sweet! It was a pretty penny but i got new tires and new brake pads and they spiffed it up. I also hate my bike rack. I have to use bungee cords to secure my bike to the rack. It sucks. hardc0re. So they had one for $119 but that's way out of my price range but it's nifty looking. So called up Dad and he said to look at CostCo and sure enough they had one in my price range! When he's comes up next month, he'll bring it up. sweet.

But this weekend i've got to use the old one. If things are still looking this weatherific then I'll be going to Rock Cut for some biking! I'm totally stoked about that! I can't wait to get out on the trails. I haven't been on a bike in years so i know that I'll be sore. Gotta be careful cause of my next race is coming up soon.

Speaking of race, so while i was down south, i didn't do *much* running as you all know. But today, i ran outside on the Kishwaukee Kiwanis Path in Hopkins Park and ran for 35 minutes with only 10 minutes of walking. Pretty damn good. Unfortunately, i have no idea how long i ran for. I want my NANO! My hip hurt aftewards but that's why i have written on my hand to call Northern Rehab. But I think it was the weather that was throwing me off down there. Which means, anything 70 degrees and above, I die.

So speaking of Nano's, remember how I wanted a Nano? Well, my dad (at my brother's suggestion) bought an iBook. yea yea, i hear it now, anyway... his Toshiba laptop kept giving him a BSOD and it's like well, duh! PEBKAC error, but anyway, i digress. so with this iBook, he also got a Nano. Yes, that's what i'm thinking! I found out once I got down there, John showed me ASAP. So I kept talking about the Nike+ thing and finally showed John a video about it. he said it's pretty cool. Duh. That's what I want one. Dad actually did offer me his nano for my shuffle but I don't want it just because he felt sorry or whatnot cause then I would feel like I got a better deal out of it, which I would have. Anyway, we all know that he'll never use his Nano and I use my shuffle now all the time when running. Heck even the ear buds stay in and everything. I didn't think they would.

Have I mentioned a Nano yet? Wes says I'm brainwashed like the rest of the Apple people. No. I just want the Nano for the Nike Plus thing. ;-)

0 comments: